At the Las Vegas law firm of Hartwell Thalacker, Ltd., attorneys Laura Thalacker and Doreen Spears Hartwell focus on defending employers in employment and labor law litigation before Nevada state and federal courts and administrative agencies. They bring a combined 35 years’ experience to the practice and defend their clients vigorously, efficiently and ethically. Doreen is a Fellow with the prestigious Litigation Counsel of America. Laura has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America for her skills in employment and labor law litigation.
Hartwell Thalacker, Ltd.: Your Employment Litigation Resource
Laura and Doreen have handled a wide array of employment litigation matters, partnering together at times to achieve excellent client results. At the start of representation, Laura and Doreen work closely with a client to identify the client’s practical and legal objectives for the representation and to prepare a roadmap for the litigation. This involves a frank discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of a client’s case and potential outcomes. Whether a client decides to seek an early resolution of a matter or, alternatively, to vigorously defend a case through trial, Laura and Doreen focus their energy on providing outstanding legal representation and achieving the client’s goals in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
Our experience defending employers in employment and labor law cases brought by employees includes the following:
- Wrongful termination claims
- Wage and hour litigation under the Fair Labor Standards Act and Nevada Revised Statute Chapter 608
- Breach of contract litigation involving employees
- Tort claims alleging personal injuries
- Wage claims brought by employees before the United States Department of Labor and the Office of the Nevada Labor Commissioner
- Litigation for unlawful discrimination or harassment under Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, and the Nevada Fair Employment Practices Act
- Charges of Discrimination before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Nevada Equal Rights Commission
- Union trust fund litigation
- Litigation under the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act related to employee leaves of absence
- Unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board
- Unemployment proceedings before the Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation
In addition, Doreen and Laura have obtained injunctive relief and other remedies on behalf of employers in cases involving enforcement of non-competition agreements and the protection of trade secrets, and confidential and proprietary information.